Subject: Re: Bone Problem...
From: [email-masked] (Adam Ives Chrystie)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 16:37:47 -0700

At 03:44 PM 8/22/95 -0700, [email-masked] wrote:
>
>Does a BONE have influence along its entire length? 
>
>I have created a Poncho (yes, clothing) and when my man bends down, I have 
>to make the poncho move as if it is being pulled down by gravity (instead 
>of bending with the man as it is parented to it). I decided to use bones 
>for this, but when I put the bones on the object, the front ones pulled 
>the back part of the poncho in even though I had bones at the back. I 
>tried limiting the influence, but it still gets wildly distorted. If I 
>point the bones vertical instead of leaving them horizontal will this 
>help?

 I am not 100% sure..but from what i have notioced it does not matter at
which angle your bone is rotated BEFORE you activate it. Only after you
activate it will a change in rotation make a change on your object.

  It sounds as if you are using bones too do all the work..Why not use a
combination of bone movement and key frames using a seperate poncho object??
Just an idea.

Adam

>"Chris Purdie" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
>To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
>Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
>(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
>Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]
>
-----------------------------------------------------------
Adam Chrystie [email-masked]
Cinema/Video Major, Senior
University Of California at Santa Cruz
------------------------------------------------------------

--
[email-masked] (Adam Ives Chrystie) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]